I can't believe December has already arrived. The month of
exams Christmas, holiday decorations, and traveling is now upon us. November was a truly wonderful month for me, and my Instagram pictures (follow me here: @meeranavlakha) certainly documents the month accurately. From furiously-uploaded photographs at Fidé Fashion Week to many outfit-of-the-day pictures, November was an extremely eventful month on Instagram.
- A polaroid taken at Fidé Fashion Week and distributed to all of the guests. Fashionistas got the chance to pose in their exquisite outfits and then received the photographs afterward. For the show that night, I wore a Topshop dress, Michael Kors bag, and vintage earrings from India.
- The perfectly-placed sign at Marina Bay Sands, directing attendees to the shows. The hotel is the ultimate destination for tourists in Singapore, and its terribly busy at the moment. Putting up a sign was definitely helpful for everyone going to shows.
- Victoria's Secret bubblegum-pink Shiny lipgloss! The store just opened its new outlet in Singapore, and my sister and I rushed to check out the dozens of beauty + fragrance products now available at a convenient location. This lipgloss is ideal for a hint of shine and a subtle coat of color.
- Throughout the location of Fidé Fashion Week were installations of stunning couture dresses. The mini-exhibitions provided some entertainment before each wonderful fashion show. It was so lovely to see the clothing up close, and to admire every detail of looks such as this golden dress.
- Every November, my family and I celebrate the Hindu festival of Diwali. Along with many dinners with family and friends, we got to enjoy the beautiful Diwali decorations all over Singapore. Known as the "festival of lights" this holiday celebrates many special days, and each house is adorned with little candles like the ones in my Instagram picture.
- My outfit of the day for a rainy afternoon in Singapore! I chose a Promod black top, Gap shorts, and my favorite DVF orange bag! What do you think?
- Lana del Rey. Need I say more? The startlingly-beautiful singer/songwriter has released her new album, Paradise, and it is just too amazing.
- Teen Vogue's covers never fail to disappoint and their One Direction special was no different. Although I am not a die-hard fan, I was pleasantly surprised to see the 1D cover. Teenage magazines often ruin their perception by featuring stars who girls are currently obsessed with. For example, I was not impressed by Teen Vogue's Taylor Lautner cover in 2009 – it seemed like a marketing strategy. However, the execution of the 1D cover was wonderfully done and the inside content of the magazine was impeccable, as per usual.
- Lastly, I have been going on weekly trips to Starbucks to purchase their swoon-worthy Christmas drinks. From a warm peppermint latte to a ice-blended peppermint mocha, Starbucks brings Christmas-spirit to even the warmest of countries, like Singapore.