As those of you who follow my Instagram account may know, I've spent the last month in New York City, and its been one of the busiest months I've experienced yet. From attending a creative writing course for high school students at Columbia University to shopping on 5th avenue and at Bloomingdales, the holiday was the perfect balance between being productive and having an amazing time. I met an incredible amount of people; both new friends and old ones. I wrote eighteen pages worth of literature during my course (which I may share on my blog!) and visited a bevy of stunning museums which offered me isolated afternoons immersed in history. Of course, being in New York provided many photo opportunities, all of which I captured and shared on Instagram and Twitter. Here are some of the highlights of my wonderful month.
1. The breathtaking Columbia University campus, where I was taking classes for the past three weeks.
2. My sister and I posing at Times Square, shopping bags in tow. Times Square is a cliché, touristy place to go to while in the city, but there is a good reason for it: the bright lights and alluring energy is incredible to witness. We watched The Lion King on Broadway (which reduced me to tears honestly) and walked around the neighborhood afterwards.
3. The classic blogger picture: Starbucks at the airport! It was necessary though, after two immensely long flights to reach our final destination.
4. We attended Forever 21's exclusive summer events (#F21summervacay), which were held in multiple states across the country. In New York City's Union Square store, shoppers were treated to giveaways, amazing music, sale discounts and a super-fun atmosphere in which to shop. Towards the end of the event, we took pictures against the adorable photo wall.
5. Black and white photography against eclectic store windows across the city.
6. My mother and I in the beautiful Jon Jay Park, where we spent the first morning eating delicious bagels and ice-cream cones on the green park benches. Mornings in the city are the most wonderful time, when everything is much more quaint and tranquil than usual.
7. Reading Vogue's exclusive Met Ball issue at the British Airways lounge, before my flight to London! The lounge had incredible food, including this assortment of berries.
8. Diya and I in our similar #ootds, on the second day of the trip. The weather was beautiful throughout our holiday, and every picture we took was soaked with sunlight.
9. An absolutely magnificent couture dress by Comme des Garçons, which was a part of the Metropolitan Museum's Punk exhibition. The exhibition displayed a multitude of ensembles that reflected the art of punk fashion and it was an enlightening experience to see the vision behind each piece. A post on the exhibition will be coming up soon.
That was my trip to New York City, in a nutshell. For more of my pictures, be sure to check out my Instagram account!